Online Privacy Notice
Cinestaan International Limited (“us”, or “we”) are the “data controller” in respect of your personal information. Our registered offices are located at New Bridge Street House, 30-34 New Bridge Street, London, England, EC4V 6BJ. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We may change this privacy notice at any time. The new privacy notice will be displayed on our website. The date this privacy noticed was last updated appears at the bottom. Questions and comments regarding this privacy notice should be sent to: email@example.com.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process personal information when you visit our website; attend any events that we host; contact us or request information from us (including via the contact details on our website); and/or communicate with us via social networking websites. We may collect and process personal information about you which you provide to us (such as your contact details, professional information, communication preferences. If you contact us with a query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call us as well as the correspondence. At some of our events, we may photograph, record or film onsite activities. In which case, you may be filmed, photographed or recorded as part of any such activities.
When you visit our website, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device. This type of information may include information about your device, operating system and IP address; browser type and version; information about your visit, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information.
2. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested
• for system administration purposes (including troubleshooting and data analysis of usage of our site);
• to distinguish you from other users of the site;
• to monitor your use of our website and other digital properties to improve the user experience and to ensure that
• content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• to correspond with you in the normal course of our business;
• to ensure our communications with you are relevant to you;
• to notify you of any changes to our products and services;
• to conduct marketing analysis to allow us to assess trends and the effectiveness of our advertising;
• if you are filmed, photographed or recorded as part of any onsite activities at one of our events, your image or likeness may be used in promotional material, sponsor, exhibitor and media partner coverage in print, online and on broadcast television;
• for security and fraud prevention and to ensure that our website is safe and secure; and
• to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis for the processing will either be where (a) you have provided your consent (in which case you will be able to withdraw your consent at any time), (b) it is in our legitimate business interests (e.g. where we use your personal information to communicate with you in the normal course of our business); (c) it is necessary in order for us to perform any contract we have with you; or (d) where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
3. HOW AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in Europe. Whenever we transfer personal information outside of Europe as described above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as the EU “Standard Contractual Clauses” and the EU-US “Privacy Shield”) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
4. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information within our group of companies (i.e. our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) as well as with our suppliers, business partners and service providers who are helping us provide our services. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
• for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis
• in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets
• if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us may be one of the transferred assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
• to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information in certain circumstances.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please conduct us using the contact details above.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details above) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy notices before you submit any personal information to these websites or services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted during your use of our website.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 25 May 2018